Monday, June 13, 2011

Get to Know Mehhh!

It is currently 2:39 a.m. and I am bored. So I just decided that it is time for you guys to get to know me. I will just give 5 facts about my life and all that jazz. Maybe this can be a continuous thing. You know. Maybe have our own little relationship going. Let it build. And stuff. (If you do not know that I am being VERY sarcastic then you are in for a rude awakening. Better get used to my humor!) Lets get started!

1. I play the violin and the guitar. I have played the violin for about six years and the guitar for five. I just recently started teaching violin. My student is 10 and super sweet!

2. Not many people know that I can sing. I'm a bit too shy to sing in front of people. My guitar teacher has been pushing me to sign up for an open mike night near by because she is the only one, besides my family, who knows I like singing. I'm am working up to that I promise. By the end of this year, I want to have done an open mike night!

3. I plan on minoring in music when I get to college. Because music is pretty tight.

4.Justin Nozuka is one of my favorite male singers of all time. All. Time. So friggin talented! I think one of his songs made me cry. And he is a tad bit gorgeous. Just a tad.
                         He's the one putting on the shirt at the beginning :))
                                            And just one more!

5. I have always wanted to be a contemporary dancer. When I was younger, I would beg my parents to put me in dance classes but I was never able to :(. I still have that yearning to dance when I watch shows like
So You Think You Can Dance. *Sigh* I know it's never too late to start dancing but it still feels impossible for me. I think I have the potential though. We'll see what happens.

6. Me and my siblings have SO many inside jokes! They are mostly quotes from movies and tv shows. We have so many it's just instinct to say them and we forget where the jokes originated from. You guys should meet them because they are pretty cool and funny. I may do a video introducing them because you all would like them. Nobody gets me like they do!

7. You have no idea how many times I felt like typing "y'all" instead of  "you guys". I didn't want to sound too country. I have been noticing more and more that I sound so Texan! Not that sounding country is a bad thing (I actually kinda like the accents!)  but I'm Nigerian (well my parents both are and they moved to American in their early twenties) so it's weird for my parents to have these African accents and me speaking with a country drawl. You just need to hear my voice. Maybe I'm exaggerating.

8. I love talking in a Nigerian accent! It is so fun!!!

So that it all for now! Yeah I know that's way more than five. But it's all good. Hope to build more on our "relationship". Be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment