Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Book Review: Savannah Grey by Cliff McNish (LONG OVERDUE I KNOW)


(From Goodreads)
15 year old Savannah Grey has never felt she's belonged. She keeps her distance, so she's surprised by her attraction to the new boy Reece. Then strange things begin to happen: nature, it seems, is exerting an overpowering force on the world. Birds behave strangely; gusts of wind blow leaves so fiercely they seem to lure people away. And Savannah learns she has supernatural powers. Nature has a purpose for Savannah and her friends. For they are on course to meet the vile and evil Orcrassa, who wants to destroy the world by corrupting nature. And it wants Savannah Grey to help realise its savage intent.
 Characters: I thought the characters in this book were pretty cool. I thought that Savannah was very likable and I was so rooting for her and Reece. I wasn't too happy about the cliche friendship between Savanna and Nina though. Nina was the beautiful outgoing friend while Savannah was the tall and awkward one that liked to stay in the shadows. I loved the fact that you got to change point of views between the monsters of the story and the humans. It was interesting to see what the monsters thought and said.

Plot: The plot was pretty amazing! It was so unpredictable and I was not expecting it one bit. I am usually able to guess what may happen in at the end of the book but this ending came out of left field.

Writing Style: I give a standing ovation to Cliff McNish. This story was so uniquely written and even gave me chills. I have never read anything like this. I liked the way he talked about the history of the Orcrassa and how it evolved. I felt like it was real.

Verdict: 5/5! If you are looking for a dark and creepy book, you should most definitely read this!

No comments:

Post a Comment